Almost 34 years after Studio 54 opened, on April 26, 1977, the Gilbert Lesser-designed logo still embellishes the entrance to 254 West 54th Street. The storied discothèque closed permanently 25 years ago this month.
Built in 1978, this 31-story rental building is at 201 East 87th Street.
1970s-era logo for the MTA at the corner of Lexington Avenue and East 68th Street.
Massimo Vignelli designed this logo circa 1973.
118 Orchard Street.
At 245 East 58th Street is an example of the Peignot font used for The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-1977).
Now known as the City Cinemas Beekman Theatre, this movie house at 1271 Second Avenue retains its original signage from 1978.
242 West 76th Street.
This apartment building at 119 East 57th opened in 1975 and was designed by David Kenneth Specter.
At 122 Amsterdam Avenue is this self-weathering steel monument to MLK sculpted by William Tarr in 1973.